Top 10 Self Help Sites for Technology
When using technology it is inevitable that one is going to need help. A lot of valuable time can be wasted trying to search online or find someone that can help meet your technological needs. So I’ve created a Top 10 list that will help teachers and students become their own tech. These sites focus on all aspects of technology (OS, hardware, software, etc) and will help users find what they are looking for quickly.
- Atomic Learning – Probably the most popular educational solution for self-help tutorials on a variety of technology areas.
- Woopid – A excellent site for 1000s of free video tutorials on technology. Also, a person can request a tutorial that is not found on the site.
- Learn That – A great site for free tutorials on a variety of subjects included technology.
- Lynda – A paid site similar to Atomic Learning that focuses on software training.
- Tech University – A wonderful site for the Mac user/enthusiast.
- Internet 4 Classrooms – A very nice site with tutorials for Mac and Windows users and lots of links for the K-12 classroom.
- Explania – A fun site with animated tutorials similar to Brainpop. Also, a user can create their own channel for videos and embed videos into their blog/site as well.
- Total Training – A great site with lots of tutorials for a monthly fee, similar to Lynda.
- VTC – 1000s of video tutorials that can be viewed online or purchased as a CD; does require a monthly fee.
- Say it Visually – An interesting site where they create/design videos to meet your needs. They specialize in taking complex topics and making them easy to understand.