With the start of school right around the corner, I decided to revisit a post I’ve done on sites for educational games. This list, presented in alphabetical order, has a nice mix of subjects and grade levels that teachers can use with their students.
40 Sites for Educational Games
- ABCya – A great site for games and mobile apps for elementary students.
- Academic Skill Builders – A wonderful site with learning through the use of multi-player games. Also, there is an educational portal which allows for student tracking.
- Arcoiris – A nice site for educational games in English and Spanish.
- Braineos – Games based on flash card in a wide variety of subjects.
- BrainNook – A fun site for students that focuses on English & Math. Also, there is a teacher portal with lots of resources for educators.
- Bubbabrain – Lots of game for all grade levels that allows teachers to create games too.
- Cackleberries – A virtual world filled with educational games for kids 3-7 yrs old in a safe environment.
- Clever Island – Excellent games for kids 3-8 yrs old in a wide variety subjects such as: Math, Reading, Spelling, etc.
- Cookie – A great site for educational games and teacher resources.
- Creativity Games – Learn through the use of creativity brain training games.
- Creating Music – A fun site for learning music through the use of educational games and other online activities.
- DimensionU – An innovative site for learning math in a 3D virtual world.
- Fish Smarty – Excellent site for online learning through the use of educational games. There is an educational portal for student tracking as well.
- Fuel the Brain – A wonderful site to learn elementary skills such as math, science and reading. Lots of educational resources too!
- Funbrain – One of the most popular sites for educational games for kids K-8 yrs old.
- Funschool – A wide variety of games, activities, and videos for kids.
- Game Classroom – Games for students K-6th grade in math and LA with lots of resources such as: worksheets, videos, and more.
- Gamequarium – A popular site with lots of games in a wide variety of subject areas.
- GameUp – A innovative site from the creators of BrainPop where the games are based on their interactive animated videos.
- Kidz Page – A fun site for educational games PreK-8th grade.
- Learning Games for Kids – A great site for educational games on lots of different subject areas.
- Lure of the Labyrinth – An innovative game for middle school pre-algebra students.
- Magnahigh – Math games for K-12 with educational portal.
- MinecraftEdu – A unique game based on the popular PC designed for schools.
- PhyFun – Physics-based games for all grade levels.
- Pipo Games – A nice site for educational games for ages 3-12 yrs. A paid site unlocks all the features.
- Play Brighter – A fantastic site filled with educational games on a wide variety of subjects, built on its unique anime style interface.
- Play Kids Games – A fun site for educational games in subject areas such as math, vocabulary and geography.
- Power My Learning – A great all-in-one site for education filled with games, videos, resources and more.
- Sheppard Software – A nice site with lots of games on different subject areas.
- Skoolbo – Wonderful educational games for core skills in the primary grade levels.
- Spelling Connections – A cool site for spelling and vocabulary games with educational portal.
- Teaching with Portals – A very innovative game based on the popular console/PC game Portal, with lots of lesson plans to be found.
- Tucoola – A great site for skill-building games for the younger kids with student tracking.
- Tutpup – A cool site for math and spelling where kids compete against each other.
- Vedoque – A nice site for educational games PreK – 8th grade.
- What2Learn – A excellent site for educational games where teachers can create games and track students with a paid account.
- Yogome – A great site/company with lots of innovative games and mobile apps on recycling and more.
- Zondle – Interesting games that support learning and can be embedded into a site.
- ZooWhiz – A fun site for kids 5 – 15 yrs to develop Math and Reading skills by creating their own virtual zoo.
On A Mission – Cyber Challenge