- Ten Sites Supporting iPads In Education…
- Top Search Engines
- 10 Tech Skills Every Students Should Have
- 40 Sites for Educational Games
- Top 10 Sites for Creating a Chart or Graph
- 10 Sites for Teaching a Foreign Language
- Nine Must-Have Free iPad Apps
- Keyboarding – free typing games
- Copyrights Laws
- Top 50 Math Sites and Apps
- Computational Thinking: Over 50 Resources To Teach CT Across the Entire Curriculum, Part 2
- DIY Professional Learning
- Geography Tools that Mess with Your Head. Cause that’s a Good Thing
- 9 Top YouTube Channels to Boost Classroom Lessons
- 21 st Century Educational Technology and Learning
Technology Tip Number 172
How Many Words Per Minute
|In the old days students took a typing class in high school. It was either in preparation for college or an office career. They sat in rows diligently tapping out “aa ss dd ff jj kk ll ;;” while trying not to look at their fingers.
Today, there’s a quandary in schools when it comes to computer technology. With limited classroom time available a choice has to be made between teaching software skills and teaching typing skills. Traditionalists would of course prefer that typing was stressed while technologists would say that typing skill will follow if a kid learns the how to use the software. In the end a mix is needed across the grade levels.
So how fast do you type and what are you doing to improve your speed?
Try testing your typing speed
PRACTICE ACTIVITY: Test your typing speed today and see if you can improve it with a little practice.
TO KEEP ON LEARNING: To learn more about typing and improving your typing speed try searching the internet for:
Free typing tutorials